Two organizations linked to:
- Support and expand opportunities to collaborate and pursue transformative concepts, scientific discoveries, and technologies.
- Advance Northwestern and Argonne’s scientific goals while expanding education and research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- To engage with and support collaborative members at both organizations in pursuing and implementing joint projects
- To provide synergetic networking opportunities for Argonne National Laboratory and Northwestern researchers through workshops, seminars, and mini-sabbaticals
- Engage Northwestern University graduate and undergraduate students in research at Argonne National Laboratory
Center for Hierarchical Materials Design (CHiMaD) is a NIST-sponsored center of excellence for advanced materials research focusing on developing the next generation of computational tools, databases and experimental techniques in order to enable the accelerated design of novel materials and their integration to industry, one of the primary goals of the U.S. Government's Materials Genome Initiative (MGI).
The Northwestern Center for Water Research was formed to link the University’s water research efforts in basic sciences, technology development, law and policy, and systems analysis and simulation.